7.14.2009

Experiments with Text

I've been experimenting with text in class and also in my own bookmaking endeavors. I have a commission for a wedding guest book that has been really fun to develop. The bride wants a lot of structure in the book...more than the usual blank pages. Names, places for pictures and journaling, and of course space for wedding showers, guest signatures, and gifts, honeymoon photos...it's not terrible long, about 36 pages, so it won't substitute for a photo album, which it's better to have than separate so you don't have a 200 page mongo huge book to carry around.

So, I dove right into the project with Adobe InDesign. It's a great way to start using some of the skills I'm learning in my classes. I thought I would actually finish the classes before starting on a project, but I've had good luck so far and I can even ask my instructor for help when I get stuck. Eventually I hope to get some guestbooks like this one up on my etsy shop. Here are some of the pages on my laptop...
Other painterly experiments with type. Carbon paper!

No comments: