7.16.2009

Gluten-Free Oatmeal-Flax-Almond-Sunflower-Coconut-Craisin Cookies


With P's help I finally found the beaters to my handheld mixer. The KitchenAid was well hidden under tools, bulk grocery items and painting supplies so it's use was out of the question. I hardly bake since my Grandma makes all of my (gluten-free!) baked goods. But, sometimes one just needs to make cookies, eat a bit of the dough, and have warm deliciousness. A cold July evening is just the time to do so. (What is WITH the weather anyway?)
I modified a gluten-filled oatmeal cookie recipe and measured all of the ingredients clumsily, took out half of the sugar, added an extra egg, included many extras, and voila, cookies that taste like granola bars.

We're heading to the Honor the Earth Pow Wow this weekend. It's a tradition to go up to the cabin near Hayward, WI this weekend and participate in the festivities. It's the biggest pow wow in the country. We haven't been able to go the past SIX years since we were quite busy at the farm this time of year, but we always wished we were going...so this year is the year. We were there for our honeymoon 84 moons ago!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I would love this recipe. Would you share it