8.23.2009

Casa Nueva

We moved into our new place a few weeks ago and we felt settled within a couple of days. Now, the dust has settled and I realized our bedroom might need some sprucing up since our mattress is lying on the floor with nothing else in the room. (Our box spring wouldn't fit up the stairway so we need to buy a two-piece).

The new location is only a bit over a mile from our old place, but much much more pleasant with a back yard, a garage, plenty of natural light, and a cute breakfast nook. My studio is in the living room, which has been working out really well. I'm messy and it forces me to keep things organized which leads to a much more pleasant experience when I work. Plus, I can keep an eye on the resident toddler while I cut a few boards, etc. I'll put some studio pics up soon but here are some other shots of the new house:

The sunroom/porch/playroom:
Ikea anyone? There's a lot of it in here. The cube is great and holds a lot of toys and books. The colors of the house were great and our stuff fit right in. The red "low" chair was a Very Vintage find in Litchfield. FGH loves it.


The breakfast nook:
We spend most of our time here, not just breakfast time, and we do pull the high chair closer during meal time! The table has been used in many places over the past few years. We found it at an auction and used it as our kitchen table in Superior (it has that shabby-chic appeal). It was our office desk at the farm, my studio table at the last house, and now here it is again in the kitchen. It has gotten a little too shabby, so we need to make it a bit more chic somehow.


I made these bronze pieces in college and since then have carried them to and from 5 homes and stored them in a tote at each place. We decided to put them in our bronze/bonsai garden in a corner of the back yard:


We have a lot of stuff. And if Peter ever gets upset about my art supplies, I can just bring up his guitar/mandolin/banjo/fiddle collection:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

great pics of your new house!! it's definitely more "you"--all of you. m

PrairiePeasant said...

Your last comment is soooo like my house. With my supplies and work space I am more of a space hog, but all my dh's guitars and other instruments take up a lot of room too! I'm just the lucky one to have my own room, so he gets to complain, lol!

MJ's Mama said...

Love this post and the pictures!! I'm relieved that you guys finally got a great place to call home...for now :)