12.07.2009

Holiday Handmade is Upon Us

I'm getting pretty antsy about the upcoming Holiday Handmade Open House. Today I am printing and distributing flyers, making some yard signs, and trying desperately to get my inventory up. I have been happy to see many packages leave here over the past two weeks-21 etsy sales! Thanks everyone! In the pile of packages were many commission orders. One of the best parts about buying something straight from the buyer is the ability to converse with them and get the best possible product for your specific use. Today I am shipping off a set of three 10-page brag books (10 grandkids in the family, I imagine). Last week a made a very lovely (if I do say) wedding book with a black and white motif and 150 pages suitable for 150 5X7 prints. Dandy. In fact, my orders seem to consist mainly of album and brag book sales. I enjoy making both of these so there you have it.
I'm not letting these hot sales completely dictate what is going on in my studio. I am still moving forward with the digital illustrations and art books...which have a smaller audience at the time but I enjoy making them so I shall persist.
Here are some visuals of what's been happening around here:
black and "watermelon" wedding shower guest book/album


chocolate brown and lime wedding shower guest book/albumblack and white wedding album (blank pages)

vintage button clasps (sorry about the pixelation here)
black and white album stitching
big 10-page brag books
again
camel and yellow album with hand stamped botanicals (in shop now!)
green art book-the paper on the front is cut from a painting of mine, twigs sewn to front with a blue glass gem (also in shop(soon)).




No comments: