12.15.2009

Thanks!

A big THANK YOU to everyone that celebrated Holiday Handmade here on Saturday. It was a great day and wow...I have a very small inventory now!

Also a big thanks to everyone that helped me set up. It was a lot of monkey business to get my messy studio/toddler house into the form of a little art gallery. I can't believe how great it looked.

I am very surprised and excited about my online sales this season as well-thanks etsians! I may have sent the last etsy package today since we all safely want those brag books, albums, and dala horse prints under the tree in just 10 days. Christmas has never come so fast.

Yet another thank you now, to the artists that displayed their wares here for HH. FGH is completely in love with Mr. Bacon, Mr. Egg, and Mr. Toast. They go on the tree, he fake eats them, he carries them around, he stacks them on his train, back on the tree...they are super.


Now it's on to my own holiday preparing. I have a long list and high hopes. I want to make at least two kinds of cookies-macaroons for sure. I'm looking for another gluten-free cookie that is, well, desirable, so serious web surfing will soon take place. After the cookies come the present wrapping, which is by far my favorite thing to do. I'm going to start that tonight and after they are tidily wrapped and placed on top of the piano (under the tree? that would be crazy!) I think I will have a better idea of where else I need to shop. Our little family of three celebrates on the Solstice (we are so unitarian), we started the tradition on the farm and would have a bonfire outside. This year I'm thinking more along the lines of a winter walk, brandied egg nog, and Fredrik opening gifts (one of which is a mini guitar). We usually have a feast of lutefisk and the like, but really, feasting is not in our vocab right now. I think we'll do a reasonable meal and then eggnog and treats. Our holiday continues in Forest City with Peter's family and family friends on the 23rd, Lille Jul Aften. On the 24th we head to church and to Grandma June's for C. Eve, then stay at my parents' house and wake up for a C. Day breakfast. The solstice is Monday, so really, I have only a few days to finish my handmade gifts, make the cookies, finish shopping...Is everyone else feeling this right now? I'm really not stressed (yet) but excited. Christmas music makes it all better. That, and Peter getting done with his semester in just about 48 hours. That will help, too.

No comments: