6.24.2010

Oh, Summer

Sun, gardening, a patio, snacking on snap peas off the vine, eating meals outside... summer is so great. Working every weekend has it's drawbacks, but I will guiltily enjoy my leisure days with the boy during the week until we have some sort of schedule change around here.

I have, however, been thrown into production mode in my studio. I have a show coming up at the end of July, at the Clay Coyote Openhouse outside of Hutchinson where I enjoyed many winters prepping clay and loading kilns. I'm super excited, but my inventory is dwindling thanks to my steady Etsy sales (yay! thanks, people!) and recent press including the inclusion of one of my brag books on the Parenting magazine website. It's a slide show about great gifts for new babies under $20. Cool! Check it out, I am the 8th slide in the slide show.

Also, I've been included in a handful of treasuries. What is a treasury? It is a little showcase Etsy users can put together, matching a selection of handmade works together for promotion. It's a fun way to shop and the treasuries are constantly changing. There is probably a way to include treasuries in my blog post here, but, I am so tired right now I can't figure it out. So, links are the best I can do. This treasury is all about Swedes and my little Dala Cards are included on bottom right. This treasury is about Earth Love. This one is a father's day collection that is just dandy. Treasuries are fun and I feel honored to have been chosen three times so recently.

So, no photos. I have misplaced my photo card for my camera and it's just so darn small that I'm not sure I'll ever find it again. There goes another chunk of change. Wonk wonk wonk.

I'm on my way to a retreat this weekend. I have about 2 months worth of work piled up ready to go. I have high hopes that I will get about 50 books made. We'll see. Turbo.

Last note, sorry about the wonkiness of my blog right now. I got all excited about the new blogger templates that I started changing everything, and suddenly 30 minutes had passed. I will fix it up when I have spare time. (My favorite joke).

1 comment:

Jessa said...

Katy - I looked at your bragbook on the Parenting website. You are famous! How exciting!!!