9.26.2009

Miscellany


We had SO MUCH FUN tonight at Zellas in Hutchinson connecting with Laura and Adam, who bought our farm last fall, and Jena and Aron, old friends and csa members. It was crazy to talk about farm happenings from the past compared to the present goings-on at the farm. Our old dog Toblerone, for example (he stayed at the farm) recently brought a cow head home. Seriously, that dog is more of mystical beast than a dog. He's another species for sure. Craziness.

FGH and I stopped out at the farm last week,too, for a bit of a scavenger hunt for a pie pumpkin (which we found) and a look at the laying hens and berries. I wish I had taken some snapshots, but alas, it was enough to carry him and carry little tomatoes, berries, and a pumpkin.

Computer work has been one of the main things this week. I'm motivated to get my logo finalized for business cards, address stickers, and hang tags within a week or so. I also have a website up and running. It is extremely rough, but a feat nonetheless. Here it is atswirlingtreebooks.com! The gallery is pretty poor with half the pictures super pixelated since I grabbed them out of some strange folder on my desktop, but hey, all fixable. I'm just proud I got that far. Baby steps.

The logo I'm working on is pretty much the same as my new banner for the blog. I messed with that green until I was crazy in the head.

The Summit Eco logo is finished as well. It was a fun experience working with them and I just love their eco-minded, solar-certified, green electrician business model. The logo is fun, I like how the sun is so botanical looking and I was truly proud of my light bulb icon. Yay summer graphic design classes!



No comments: