9.17.2009

Uber Eco Casual Journals

New in the shop!
What I have named, "Uber Eco-Friendly Casual Books".
I found this 100% post-consumer waste, chemical free, completely biodegradable, heavyweight- meant for sketching paper. Phew.
I didn't realize it was BROWN when I ordered it, but when I bound a few books I decided I LOVED the brownness. I attached a hemp and bead bookmark to the back cover of each book. Most of the papers I used to cover the book board are new, too.

I decided to keep one for myself to use as a list book. I write lists upon lists every day. Grocery lists (which needs a subcategory of farmers' market or co-op or costco or super target or newly found awesome Greek market...), and also, lists of Swirling Tree work to-do, IKEA wants, movies to watch... So now I have a bound list book with a book mark to keep my place so I can flip out my fashionable book in a store right to the page desired.

Likin' it.



1 comment:

AnnaShawnLachenAkselReilly said...

Your write-up is great for these. Sort of a "how-to use my books." Sometimes, I think people think that handbound books are too lovely to be used. However, I will concur that I feel mighty chic when I pull out my little book to check a grocery list or some other bit of information. It's FAR better than fumbling with a Blackberry rollerball.