3.31.2010

Out Like a Lamb

The weather here is insanely wonderful. Usually the most miserable month in Minnesota, March has seen not a flake of snow and today the temperature is projected to be in the mid-70s. Wow. While I hate to impy that we should ignore all the bad implications of the messed up weather (global warming, plants that will probable get hit hard by an April frost...) and just enjoy the day...
This morning FGH and I have already had our hands dirty. We repotted some of the sunflowers (temporarily and very messily). He was pretty upset I didn't let him dump the plants out after we filled the pots, but he forgot all once the hose was in his hand. Yes, it's warm enough for hoses!

I even had a spare second to photograph some books outside. I've been using our little breakfast nook for my staging area but nothing beats the outside light. I was happy to have some new books to photograph,(getting a job has really cut into my studio time) and wedding book commissions have continued to come my way (thanks, brides!) and they seem to get added to the top of my to-do list. I'm officially attending a summer and fall show, so building my inventory is starting to become a necessity, which is why I made a set of 8 brag books. When I finished I thought, wow, 8 isn't that many. Maybe I'll starting doing sets of 20. Here's one of them after the outdoor photo session this morning:


No comments: