3.02.2010

Early Birds


I'm excited to be back in the work force, but boy am I tired. I just started working at Mississippi Market, a Food Co-op in St. Paul. I'm a produce person. It's great, handling produce all day, trying samples (yesterday we had a citrus taste test where we compared the 12 or so different oranges, grapefruits, mandarins, tangelos, etc.) , and getting a paycheck. The downside? The hours, 6-2. I guess these same hours are the upside since I can find time to work on the weekends and early mornings when Peter is at home so he can be the parent-in-charge. It's a bit of a shock to have the alarm go off - at all - but 5:00 am, that's like the middle of the night! So, I'm adjusting and still finding a little time to doodle, which brought about the sad looking, yet cute, spring birds. I made the sketch into a new blog banner and also made some adorable little pamphlet style notebooks for my shop.




3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Katy,
How fun to be working with produce at the co-op! I bet you get some great stuff to take home...I used to do that in my winter's off and it was one of my favorite jobs. Hope you all are enjoying the sunshine. Snow is slooowwly melting.

-laura

KarleighJae said...

I love the birds! It's silly...but they made me smile because they were so sad/sleepy looking. :)

AnnaShawnLachenAkselReilly said...

I love these birds--probably because I feel like one of them on a regular basis.