12.04.2008

Getting Organized

The room that is my studio is becoming more like a place to create things and less like a closet.  FGH and I took a stroller ride the other day to the local ACE and then walked the mile route on Summit  back home with a bundle of 4' dowels in hand.  The dowels now house some of my paper, book cloth, and ribbon.  Not only is it beautiful to look at all these papers and ribbons against the wall, but it will surely add a longer life to them.  The papers had been stored flat on the floor just inches from an exersaucer that now tends to scoot around a bit when FGH is in it.  I also decided to take an hour or so to organize my beads.  Many beads found there way into the garbage.  I went from having "no" beads to match the books I'm working on to "lots" of beads.  It's amazing how I couldn't see them when they were all mixed together willy nilly.  It's a pleasure to have time to be organized. 

I "won" a book press on ebay a couple of days ago.  I'm super pumped to get it.  It's a handmade wood press from Beech Hill Artisans in Maine.  It's brand new, has room to press many books at once, and looks beautiful.  I  have 3 books ready for it, and 13 that are really close.  Woo Hoo!  Hurry up, mailman!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are such an inspiration!!! Now I have a bee in my bonnet to organize our "back room," which is an office-sewing-miscellaneous-throw all room! It's getting really out of control in there...the visible floor space seems to shrink daily. augh!!! So, thank you for the boost of inspiration that I, too, can make myself a workable, creative space! Yours is beautiful!