12.02.2008

Turtles

I decided to make turtles yesterday. I made A LOT of them.  I made these in high school with my friend Heather.  There is no homemade carmel involved, so they are easy-peasy.  I started with two pecans (the turtles feet???) , topped with 1/2 of a square carmel (the little ones in plastic wrapping), melted them at 350 degrees until they were a bit flattened but not bubbly, then cooled and dipped them in chocolate.  There is no almond bark on these turtles.  Half of them were dipped in Ghirardelli dark chocolate, the other half in Ghirardelli milk chocolate.  Delish.

3 comments:

MJ's Mama said...

Holy Cow - I want to devour every single one of them....except the pecan part. I will suck every bit of chocolate and caramel off the pecans.

Anonymous said...

save one for your mama m

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to hear you made A LOT! Maybe that means they'll still be around at Christmastime, and I'll get to try one! :P