12.18.2008

Stacks-o-Books

I'm getting a little nervous about the tardy delivery of my book press.  I was to receive it about 2 weeks ago.   I contacted the maker, and he had yet to mail it!  Argh!  Sure, he had hurt himself and was on crutches, and is possibly an older man that can't get around very well...OK, good enough excuse but I really really want to get it.  So, I've stalled out a bit with the books since I have yet to experience the satisfaction of finishing one.  The last step in the process is to glue the endsheets of a book into the cover, then press in the press as it dries.  The process takes about 24 hours.  Talk about cutting it close with all these books waiting to be finished for Christmas.  Maybe tomorrow...

In the mean time I'm trimming our $5 Christmas tree that I found at the neighborhood Walgreens.  Originally a whopping $19.99, the tree was discounted by 50% AND I had a $5 coupon.  It's very fake, but that's OK for our little house that contains a soon-to-be 10 month old that would enjoy tipping over a tree and eating fallen pine needles- had this tree been a real live one. 

Also keeping me busy is this stocking that I made with a free Amy Butler pattern I found here.   

No comments: