11.11.2009

New Developments


I've been walking further down the "natural" road with more books. The first one uses some very cool paper made with carrot greens! It's very pretty. I also have a 5x7 nearly exactly the same as this in my shop, and tonight I finished a little notepad book which I will try to photograph tomorrow when the sun shines.



This one seems very much in the vain of vampire/goth/renaissance festival:


And some red marbled paper finishes this set of deckled edged books.

I have major mom guilt today. I was going to get the h1n1 for FGH, but time didn't allow for me to drive to our clinic (still in Litchfield) and back, and he was exhausted from ecfe, so I decided not to get it and now I feel like he's going to get sick. Peter is going to try to bring him tomorrow since I "work" at Peggy's Holiday Boutique in the afternoon. I'm just including this tidbit in case anyone else has insight with all the flu shot business.

Another tidbit, which fits under the label "New Developments" is that we will be moving to New Ulm, MN for the summer and possibly for the next chapter in our lives. Peter landed a summer position. Good work! We will be testing the waters this summer. I miss nature and New Ulm has that.

To celebrate I scored these buttons on etsy from XOhandworks:

3 comments:

Elizabeth Brennan said...

Congratulations! How exciting! I hope the summer goes well and that both Peter and the firm like each other. It is a HUGE relief!
Hope to see you soon --
Liz and family

Gabrielle Black said...

I have concerns about the h1n1 vaccine because it is so new and the long term effects are unknown. Sienna is too young to get it, and we were debating if we should get it to prevent her from catching it. Then we all got it anyway. She handled it the best, I the worst. I still have some flem after 4 weeks. It's a hard decision, I'm glad God decided for us.

Congrats to Peter on his summer job and your new books are so wonderful. I have written the first mural book and am in the process of typing it up to send to you for your input/feedback/suggestions. Haven't started the illustrations yet. So excited! Miss you guys!

AnnaShawnLachenAkselReilly said...

Loads of kids at St. Mark's have had H1N1. It's no worse than the flu that goes around every year.

We've never gotten flu shots, nor the H1N1. I'd rather we all developed natural immunities.

That's my 2 cents.