3.07.2009

New Mexico!

FGH at the Albuquerque Art and Culture Museum (I think that's what it's called...I'm very sleep deprived).

We made it.  Wow.  Four flights with a 12 month old.  Eating out constantly.  Wow.  There were great points of our trip and low points as well, but one thing is  certain; we learned a lot about traveling with kids!  
High point: Hiking around the Tent Rocks Nat'l monument near some Pueblos between Albuquerque and Santa Fe in gorgeous 74 degree sunny weather.
Low Point:  FGH got sick on Thursday (but is on the mend now).  
Best Food:  San Pasquel's in Santa Fe.  Perhaps the best food I've ever eaten...and I've eaten a lot.
Worst Food:  Breakfast in the Albuquerque airport.  The gluten-free option was the grossest eggs ever...I'll stick with fruit, please.
Biggest Surprise:  The Aquarium in ABQ was very fun for all three of us.
Best Travel Gadget:  The tomtom saved us many times.
Sum it up:  New Mexico is a great place to travel, especially with kids.  I will return.

2 comments:

AnnaShawnLachenAkselReilly said...

You made it! I got the full play-by-play from my mom about Freddy's fever and all. What a time to get sick! I'm glad you guys took the plunge. Travelling with kids is a whole new world, and you're right: airport food--BLECH!

MJ's Mama said...

You are trailblazers! Maybe we'll try the UP of Michigan this summer with Madi. Driving, most likely.