6.08.2009

New Bag

Now that I'm back to school I've decided that I need a new bag.  My backpack is in great shape, but I've had it since the year 2000 and it's just not exactly what I would call "cool" or "me."  I've been keeping an eye out as I run errands but nothing as really jumped out at me.  With high hopes in finding a bag I attended the St. Anthony Park art fair in the rain on Saturday to spell my friend Jena who was selling pottery.  Nothing was quite right.   Then, Jena said, "Katy, why don't you just make one?".  Hmmm...  OK.  So, of course the first place I look is the Amy Butler website and, of course, she has a great pattern.  This is going to be a major challenge for me.  There are THREE zippers.  Anybody want to help me with this?  It is perfect.  

3 comments:

MJ's Mama said...

That's really cute! Make me one, too, would ya? Just kidding. Can't help you on the zippers. Maybe a certain mother-in-law who's an expert sewer can help you.

Elizabeth Brennan said...

You can do it, Katy! I just finished the "Frenchy" bag today, I think Jessa made one too. She does directions really well -- she assumes the sewer knows nothing. So, I have great faith that you will have no problem! Good luck!
Liz

AnnaShawnLachenAkselReilly said...

Katy. This is crazy. I'm making a Portabellopixie bag right now. I'm telling you: GO TO CRAFTY PLANET. So much great fabric. Or, do you already have fabric? In any case, go there. And, zippers are scarier than you think. Have my mom help you with the first zipper and then you'll know how to do the other too.