6.24.2009

Paintings

"The Artist's Book" at the MN Center for Book Arts has been fantastic. We have been introduced to many painterly techniques. The goal of the class is to create a book full or samples of the different papers, mediums, and techniques to reference as we continue to create conceptual art books in the future. I haven't painted for quite a few years but it really started coming back to me this week and I was surprised to see that my practice pieces were turning out pretty interesting. These following paintings plus whatever I finish before next week's (the last) class will be stab-bound into a simple book. I'm tempted to cut-up some of them for collage or even use some of my creations for book coverings.

It has been most helpful to put these pieces away and then take them out a few days later, assess, and add another layer. Some of these pieces may end up with text or more layers, or they me happy as they are.
2 resist techniques, acrylic, watercolor on Strathmore Laid paper
stamping, watercolor, and resist technique on dark green heavy paper
acrylic, colored pencil on black gessoed Rives BFK tan
acrylic and white chalk pastel on dual toned paper
watercolor, resist techniques, ink stamps, colored pencil on watercolor paper

(somewhat clipped by scanner) putty medium, actylic, watercolor, stencil, colored pencil, transfer, chalk pastel on black gessoed BFK paper

No comments: