6.15.2009

Vomited News About My Life that Is Not Very Interesting to Others

Going to school again is weird. It's my third week so it's getting easier, at first I had a hard time paying attention. I would be processing the last tidbits while the instructor had already moved on to the next topic. I feel old, too. Some of the people in this class are in college still...they are such innocent little things and I can tell their brains work a lot better than mine. The multi-tasking mom brain is a little exhausted by the end of the day...that's my excuse anyhow.

My Graphic Design class is challenging, so that must mean I am learning something. The instructor is great, she has some big job and still finds time to teach in the evening. I'm glad. She also just joined a CSA for the first time so that's been interesting getting her take on it. She said she missed the first two weeks not realizing that she was supposed to be picking her box up weekly.

My Web class is taught by an engineer. He's boring but I think I'll learn a thing or two. I will probably build a website for my books as practice. If anyone else wants a website next fall I'll be up for it. Last week we learned how to use the rollover function (you know, when you roll your cursor over a "button" and it highlights). It's nerdy.

My book arts class is very very different from the MCAD classes. My instructor just got back from France where she made paintings and books for three weeks. She and 4-5 of her contemporaries are in the class of 9. It's intimidating. It's all about expression, free movements, trying new things and new mediums. Stumbling upon great things is not how the graphics stuff works, so it's liberating.

I'm not sure if volunteering at the farm once a week is going to work. Maybe every other week. I just need an extra 1-2 days/week this summer.
We are moving! We are heading north 2 miles to a new rental house. It's darling. There's a dishwasher. A nice yard with a even nicer fence. A garage. Tighter windows. A basement. A huge claw foot tub. So exciting. We move Aug. 15. Woop Woo!

That's that.

2 comments:

Lisa Webster said...

You're moving?! Where?

Katy said...

We are moving to a house on lexington pkwy between university and como. It's quite darling. It's my friend Jason's house. He was in the Malta group when I did my study abroad.