10.12.2009

Art Shows Coming Up


I will be participating in some art/craft shows this fall/holiday season. I'm pretty excited about them. It's weird putting your stuff out there for people to judge, to love, to reject, to critique, etc. I'm excited, however, to see how the markets compare to the online community. For one thing, my prints/notecards will be able to speak for themselves. It's been hard getting the colors right for the web, and even if I get them close, they will be different on each person's monitor. There are select colors that are "web" colors, and my carefully chosen colors will be converted to the web color closest to it on the spectrum. I could have chosen web colors, but frankly, they were the greatest and the destination for my work is not on someone's computer desktop.

Back to the shows.

My first one will be in:
Dassel, MN at Levandowski Pottery
October 23-25
I will have my notecards and prints alongside my albums, journals, books, and my soon-to-be-finished accordion-style brag books. Jena and Aron are potters. There will be other artists as well including a stain-glass artist and a few others. I'll be at the sale on Friday 11-6, Saturday 10-6, and Sunday 11-3. Stop by!

The next is in:
Roseville, MN at Peggy's Holiday Boutique
November 6-15
I'm pretty pumped about this one. It's at the Roseville Skating Center. I won't have an official booth at this sale, but since it lasts so long, Peggy is going to use my stuff as "filler" as the sale goes on. It looks like fun, lots of traffic and lots of artists.

Thirdly:
St. Paul, Swirling Tree Headquarters
December TBA
I'm going to have a holiday openhouse here in December. I don't know if I'll have much left, but hey, it will be fun. A few of us are going to have some fun stuff to sell and some goodies and hot cocoa to sample.

In preparation for these events I ordered some real business cards and stickers. I'm pretty happy with them! I'm sticking a small logo/web sticker in each book's back cover and the business card is doubling as a hang tag. Officialness!





No comments: