10.10.2009

Bacon.

FGH sleeps in between us in bed at night, which has been handy during the insanely early cold snap we're in. We can leave the heat off since we can monitor his temperature.

Well, we did fire up the furnace today. It was getting to be very chilly.

Anyhow, every morning FGH wakes up and pokes Peter in the face and says in a chipper voice,
"Bacon."
That is followed by,
"Down! Down! Down!" as in downstairs, get me bacon NOW.

We haven't really had bacon all that often, so I'm surprised he wants it so badly. So, today I picked up some Nieman Ranch Bacon and he was gleeful during supper picking up all the pieces of bacon at once (and dropping some on the floor, of course).

Now this is a happy bacon baby:



He gets pretty excited about broccoli as well. He marched around with these for awhile today. They are from our CSA farmers, who, sadly, made their last delivery today for the season. We are going to go visit the farm next week...if there is anything left in the frozen fields.



2 comments:

AnnaShawnLachenAkselReilly said...

So I told Shawn this story, and he turned to me this morning upon waking up. He said, "Bacon."

I must say, it was a great way to start the day.

I read somewhere once that the one meat that the largest percentage of vegetarians crave and fall off the wagon for is...bacon. It's just so freaking good!

Elizabeth Brennan said...

And I wonder if it is a boy thing...
Joe has been known to wander around mumbling bacon as well. He loves the stuff. More than anything.