10.24.2009

Carrot Boy



Here's my little guy proudly standing next to his carrot-kill. I should have more prints in my shop next week.

What should I name these characters? I'm leaning towards something Old Norse such as Groa for the girl (meaning gardener) and Osten (meaning happy) or Blyn (strong) for the boy. I'm taking suggestions so leave some in a comment if you dare.
I have one more day at the art show in Dassel. I've had some good sales so far so thanks to everyone that has supported my budding business! I've made some good connections, met some new kindred spirits, and maybe even landed a spot at an art show taking place next Friday at a large accounting firm. I've never heard of this, being a country-bumpkin and all, but some big companies have their own pre-holiday arts and crafts fairs featuring work from employees or friends of employees. Employees are the main customers. Great idea! I'm a little intimidated by galleries with large commissions at this point, so these casual sales sound just right.

Well, off to tend to a huge pot of cabbage potato soup, switch the laundry, and crash into bed- exhausted.

2 comments:

Jessa said...

It sounds like the show this weekend has been a huge success! Isn't it so fun to make new connections?!

Katy said...

Well, I would be exaggerating if I said HUGE, but I've sold a handful of books. I would have liked to have sold more, but I'm looking on the bright side of meeting new people, getting feedback, etc. I was telling Peter that I feel like I'm back in Superior at the Farmers' Market with our card table of produce from our backyard garden (hagen bak huset). I have a long way to go before I feel "successful" but you gotta start somewhere, right?