10.31.2009

FGH and Handmade Scores

Happy Halloween!
We haven't planned much for this holiday.
I used to LOVE Halloween, dressing up was indeed a major part of my high school and college years. I think my favorite costume was a Ghostbuster, but I had a pretty kickin' Princess Leia costume too. This year I have art shows taking up a lot of my energy. After next Wednesday I should be able to rest easier for a couple of weeks. Peter is putting the final touches on his long paper for Law Review. Last I heard he had written over 66 pages. That's long enough to bind! Hmmm, that's a dandy Christmas idea, an handbound law review article. Anyway, his paper is due at midnight tonight, so we didn't even make any Halloween plans. FGH has a dragon costume that we'll put on for some neighborhood trick-or-treating. I suppose I should buy some candy, too, in case we get any treaters here.

FGH has had some major scores lately thanks to grandmas and grandpas:

First, a Halloween Cookie Play Date with Grandma Barb and Madi (and Aunt Bub (Bev)). They did really well for 1-year-olds!



Next, a fun quilt from Grandma Roz. The entire Very Hungry Caterpillar book is on this quilt! So much fun! Freddy is deep in thought about it:


And a stool from Grandpa Richard! It's adorable and coveted by this toddler. Major tantrums occur when he's taken away from "sink." Yesterday he helped me stir cornbread when I put the stool next to our island- with a small spoon to limit the amount of cornmeal flicked out of the bowl.

2 comments:

Lisa Webster said...

Decorating cookies with 1 year olds?! Impressive!

I LOVE the Very Hungry Caterpillar quilt! Does FGH enjoy that book? There are some fun storytelling pieces that you buy at Lakeshore that go with that book. I have them out in my classroom right now, in fact!

I heard that Madi loves her step stool (stairs) too. So much independence!

Be sure to take pictures of FGH in his dragon costume!

Lisa Webster said...

Good luck to Peter on his paper, too!