1.04.2009

Practice is Over





I started a series of 15 books last winter when Peter and I decided to sell the farm and I felt I needed to focus on what I was going to do in the future (aside from being a parent which does take most all of my energy). Well, the last two books are now FINALLY in my book press and I'm glad for it. They are cute enough and have a bit of cleverness to them with all the clasping/tying/color combinations/bookmarks. It was a good way to get back into the rhythm of binding books. A few of them are in my etsy shop.

I have some thicker journals coming up next and I've been loving some Amy Butler designed papers that I found at Archivers. Fun, fun, fun.

I also recently made this cabin journal for a friend's parents' cabin:


The lettering is cardstock cut out with a Sizzix die-cut machine.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Katy, Your work looks so wonderful! How exciting to have your etsy shop up and running! I checked it out. You already have people who <3 you. cute! I'd never visited etsy before, and now I know that that place is dangerous! I'm talking hours could just float away while I browse! I can hardly wait for my next occasion to shop... :)