2.15.2009

Cake in a Mug

Cake in a mug?
I follow a couple of gluten-free cooking blogs and I stumbled upon this cake-in-a-mug recipe.  I was quite skeptical and a little grossed out by the thought of a tiny cake that is cooked in the microwave.  But, there we were on Valentines Day without any chocolate in the house and I knew this weird recipe was just a click away so I gave it a try.  It was good!  It puffed up in the microwave but fell, like a souffle (hardly) and I topped it with some local Izzy's vanilla ice cream (delicious).  It was completely cooked through (or baked, I guess you can bake in the microwave) and didn't stick to the mug.  I subbed garbanzo flour for the tapioca and rice flours since it was all I had.   I also whisked the ingredients in a separate bowl instead of right in the mug because the flour and cocoa were super lumpy.  I'm sure you could easily use regular flour, too, in case it sounds tantalizing.  It's  a lot of calories in one little mug, so be sure to share it with someone.  Or not.  

No comments: