2.03.2009

Crafty Home Projects

Suddenly, FGH has taken to napping  thanks to his ingenious mother who figured out that he will nap in his pack and play in my art room since it is so dark in there.  Since all my bookmaking stuff is in that room, I have spent my free time cleaning (of course) and also running my sewing machine.  Today I finished a valance for the kitchen and yesterday I made a couple throw pillows for the living room.  We may only live in this rental for a few more months so I picked projects that would easily fit into another house.  I figured the valance would work on any kitchen window for the most part.  It's nice to add some splashes of color since I don't want to spend the time, effort, or money to paint the walls of our abode during these transitional years.

(I do have quite a few books in progress, and some are already waiting to be photographed, so I will be adding to my shop soon.)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

love the colors!! looks like a nifty job of sewing too. m

MJ's Mama said...

Gorgeous work! You're thinking about moving? where?

Jessa said...

You are amazing! How do you just whip out a couple pillows during one nap?! Oh, I know! Fredrik must nap for five hours??
;)
They are beautiful.

Katy said...

Gee, thanks for all the nice comments, I really didn't think the projects were that great! I had a lot of problems with my sewing machine until my mom suggested I get canned air and clean it out, well, I just blew into the bobbin compartment really hard and a ton of dirt came flying out onto my face. Gross, but the machine worked great afterwards. And I cut the pillows out with a dull scissors and yard stick since all my tools were in the sleeping chambers, so that was an adventure trying to match up the ends. And moving...hopefully to another rental close by where we have more space and our own yard.