2.17.2009

First Birthday Week

It's FGH's birthday week, he'll be one already on Sunday the 22nd, crazy! He's already been getting some gifts from visiting admirers. The Brennans delivered this miniature-sized Ikea chair which is new favorite during storytime. He can't quite sit in it unattended yet, he doesn't really sit while awake unless he's in his high chair or stroller or carseat but soon and very soon I think I'll see him sitting there reading books. Grandma and Grandpa Hemberger were here yesterday for a visit and bought him squeaky shoes. He loves them. I was impressed how quickly he realized that the squeaks came from his feet. We found them at Baby on Grand, the best baby store I've yet seen. It reminds me of Cotton Babies, the online shop where we got our cloth diapers and other such things that you never see in "real" stores. It's great to be able to touch and feel and try-on things before buying them. It really is a baby store and he's not that much of a baby anymore so most of the gear was stuff we already have and is now in storage, which is probably OK because the deluxe strollers, euro-looking high chairs and bouncy seats would have been much too tempting about a year ago. I do have to mention the bamboo fabric sleepers for newborns...the softest little sleeper...makes me want more babies...trailing off......

2 comments:

Elizabeth Brennan said...

I'm so glad he likes his mini poang chair! Although I don't know why they make them in light colored fabric. Maybe babies in Sweden don't get things dirty. Happy Birthday little one!

MJ's Mama said...

So flippin cute!