4.10.2009

Back to School...Back to School...


Back to school, back to school, to show Daddy I'm not a fool...(Billy Madison)  I know, I'm OLD.
I've decided that I need to go back to school and now I just have to figure where, how, when, and for what.  I thought Graphic Design was a good idea, I like graphics, and design....hmmm.  The admissions counselor at MCAD thinks I have some work to do to even be CONSIDERED to take classes there.  What?  I have a Bachelor's Degree.  I've had my own business.  Criminitly.  I like fonts and I enjoy photoshop, so I figured the next step would be learning the other stuff necessary to land a job in the GD world.  I'm in the process of revamping my portfolio (due May 15) and adding other things that make it seem like I know what I'm doing.  If I do (or don't) make it into the program I "should really take some remedial courses" over the summer to get me ready to go to school to learn the same sorts of things that I will be learning over the summer.  I just want to learn and eventually work and make money so I can have my own house and a car with a functional trunk, hood, gas tank release button, and perhaps a muffler that doesn't fall off.  Here are some designed graphics that I may include in my portfolio. My hope is to make an alphabet book of flower names.  I didn't do b with a and c because I'd already drawn the s a few weeks ago not realizing that it would be an s.  It was just a doodle at that time.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

love the designs , and not just because i'm your mother! don't let the dream die.

Katy said...

OK, I won't it die yet! Is there a flower that starts with X?

Buried To My Roots said...

these are beautiful. you have a lot of talent. re: flower that starts with an x, I know there is...I have an old old wildflower book that belonged to my ggma, so I will look in there for a flower that starts with x.

MJ's Mama said...

Those are fabulous!! Love the commentary as usual

Marcia Brown said...

Xanthium spinosum
Xanthorrhiza apiifolia
Xanthorrhea arborea
Xanthoxylum fraxineum-Prickly Ash, more of a bush
Xerophyllum tenax--this is really cool looking. i'd pick this one.

Your images are great!
All the above have been made into homeopathic remedies.

AnnaShawnLachenAkselReilly said...

My friend Taylor wants you to sell these as needlepoint designs.
Daelig!

Katy said...

That's a great idea!