4.05.2009

Quilt/Craft Retreat


Last weekend I enjoyed a leisure weekend of creative time, uninterrupted sleep, and gourmet food.  What beats that?  It was the fourth annual trip to Bonny's Quilting Haven in Hutchinson, MN.  I worked on my fourth quilting project.  I only quilt during this weekend so I'm still a beginner.  Next year I think I'll be ready to try something a little more complicated then this Amy Butler pattern, but the extreme gorgeousness of the fabrics I found made this quilt into a beautiful spring oasis complete with little bugs and toadstools.   I've decided to make the quilt top into a duvet cover.  I just feel like it should be fluffy and light.  I'm going to add a mustardy-yellow/green as a border to make it big enough for the queen-sized duvet I bought at IKEA and the back will be of the same cover.  I want to try to get it done soon so my mother-in-law can quilt (the top to a piece of muslin, not the entire duvet!) it with her new quilting machine.  I'm thinking flowers and swirls for the quilting. 
The quilt top


ants on a log fabric


lovely moda fabric full of bugs and flowers
Bonny's panna cotta with bluebery/rosemary/peppercorn/balsamic...sauce
Aunt B and Mom B working with some great fabric
Bev posting Grandma's recipes in a Swirling Tree journal
One of Amy's 20 scrapbooking pages that she completed over the weekend

No comments: