1.28.2010

Weddings

The frigid weather and lack of light and endorphins of this season has been met with vigorous wedding album construction around my studio. Nothing brightens the mood like spring colors, googling wedding color trends (more flower photos) and dealing with the young-and-in-love. Well, an occasional bridezilla is always something to be feared, but luckily the etsy crowd seems to be filled mostly with happy people.

I have revamped my wedding album from last fall to focus on colors. All the books will have similar features, book cloth covers, long stitch binding through the spine, complimentary wedding colors on the inside of each cover which are the same lotka paper as the damask cut-out on the front and back. The text block will remain the same. I would like to limit the amount of hours I spend at Kinkos/FedEx. It is not pleasant there. I would very much like to go in, print 30 text blocks, and never go back.

That said about making everything the same, I'll start the photos off with a variation I just did for our great etsy customer. They are having a red and black "steampunk" wedding on Valentine's Day. I designed the patterned paper to look steampunked (think gears, industry, etc). The same paper is in a damask shape on the front with a vintage mirror bead and their stamped initials. I also had this one printed with their names (obviously) which looks great, but again, kinkos, hard to deal with. I need to find a different printer.





3 comments:

Steph Heishman said...

Katie! It's me, your long lost steph heishman friend. I have a dear friend getting married in August and i want to commission and buy one of your books from you to give to her.

This is totally up her alley--she's making all her invitations and is obsessed with craftiness that is elegant and amazing. PLEASE let me know how to order/talk about it with you! hugs and love, Steph

Katy said...

Why yes, I remember you Steph. OBVIOUSLY! We chatted not that long ago and facebook...need I say more.
Cute pic of you on your blog by the way.
So, yes! Commissions are good. Do you know her colors?
You can just email me
katyhemberger@gmail.com
or facebook or click on conversations on my etsy page: swirlingtree.etsy.com
You can either buy the "custom album" listing on my etsy shop or you can wait for me to finish the book and list it. It's up to you.
Thanks for the sale!
Katy

MJ's Mama said...

The new wedding books are gorgeous!