1.19.2010

More Album Sets






Two more baby sets have landed in my shop. I really really enjoyed making them. Once I printed off the patterned papers I was just too excited to wait and quickly cut them up into carefully measured pieces. The fabric lining the brag book pouch is also made from one of my patterns. I actually fed fabric sheets through the inkjet printer and it worked. Well, I cheated a bit, they were paper backed when I bought them. However, I have since purchased some gorgeous fabrics that I am going to try to back with freezer paper and feed through the printer. It's supposed to work. So, the top set is the Dala Set. One of my dala prints is on the cover, and the lining paper of the large album is the blue, white, and red star paper from a previous blog entry. The blue and yellow dala paper and beige patterned paper are part of the new "Dala Line." Nice!
I've gone a little wild with the "Veggie Line." Peas, tomatoes, squash, elf shoes, flowers...there are about 8 patterns in the series. I'll try to get them scanned tonight.
Next I plan on evolving into some more organic (strange to use that word not referring to USDA organic) patterns. I'm going to use some watercolors i'm working on, scan them, and print them on lotka papers. Hmmm. Could be great or could be a disaster.





4 comments:

Emerson Bindery said...

I love your albums! They're so colorful!

Bley said...

These are gorgeous! Do you sell locally in Minneapolis or St. Paul?

Katy said...

Thanks Uber and Biblio!

I don't sell locally but I want to. Are you from here? Suggestions? My inventory is starting to get to a point where I would like to get into some shops. I'm a little intimidated by the idea, but ya gotta do what ya gotta do, right?

Monica Holtsclaw said...

Those sets are so sweet! I love the Dala horses!