1.25.2010

Rearrangements

I am one to rearrange often. It's exciting to make a space look and feel like new. Thanks Mom, for saving all those episodes of Design on a Dime on Tivo! That show is (was?) awesome. My favorite part was the last section of the show where a designer rearranges a room to look totally awesome without buying anything new. True, she usually steals the furniture and decor from the other rooms of the house, but as long as one room looks good, who cares.

I've had my studio in the living space since we moved here. Yesterday we moved it up to FGH's room and moved his "room" into our room. He sleeps in our room every night anyhow. Now his mattress is next to our bed (used for playing so far). The living space is opened up for more running-about room. He loves it. I love it. When Peter is playing with FGH I can go upstairs, shut the door, and have full use of my brain, which will be necessary now as I'm embarking on a new business venture with a friend alongside my books and prints. Details to follow later on that!

Here's my new studio space. It's not decorated or completely set up, but it's good enough. I've already cranked out some wedding books since last night.
And now, FGH has more room to act like this:
We hope to feel more relaxed in our living space, too. Having my studio in the living room felt like there was always an aura of work in the air.




1 comment:

Buried To My Roots said...

Feels nice to get a new space in order! Good thinking. Would be fun to get a group together at each of our houses once in a while and help eachother in rearranging a room. I would love to have at least one room I am proud of.....