1.04.2010

January Sunshine

I'm a big fan of January. I put my cuddle duds, wool sweater, wool coat, wool everything on and embrace the bitter cold. There is always so much bright sunshine in January that the cold is made tolerable ---OK, to and from the car is basically the only time spent outdoors on days like today when it hovers around zero degrees, but still, I have no bad feelings about it. The days are getting longer...and it's almost my birthday which is, of course, a cause for celebration. It's the big 3-0 this year. Despite the frozen tundra, we have some blooms in the house. Peter just scored a huge jade (monster plant is what he and Freddy are calling it) at Mississippi Market. IT IS HUGE. It took the place of our Christmas Tree, is is THAT BIG. Peter is freaking-out excited about it. Bonsai plans are in his head (Jade's are fun to trim...sculpt...not sure what the correct term is there). It's even blooming. I didn't even know that they could bloom here. Here is some photog of the monster tree:


Now that Law School is back in session, I am putting things back onto the back burner to simmer. I did, however, have a majorly productive couple of weeks so I feel OK for slowing up a bit and getting back into the normal routine. Here are some 5x7 albums that are among the many things I finished during the break:


No comments: